Tuesday, April 16, 2013

C25K

Today I started the C25K program. (Couch to 5k) this is the first day I added running to my walking.

First off I don't run!

I don't think spencer has ever seen me run in our 8 years together.

I was never a walker either. When I was in middle school I would walk half the track and the cross the grass and tell the teacher I quit. In high school I was only in school for 1/4 of the year and then I went into home school with no PE. So I never really ran before. So this is huge for me.

I got the C25K® - 5K Trainer FREE from Zen Labs on my iPhone. It's a good program. You can use it with multiple programs. I was using it with my music and my MapMyFitness app. I was able to hear my music no problem and when it went to talk it would turn the volume down on my music then turn it back up when done. And my map my fitness app was still able to speak as well.

The training starts out this way: Week 1 Day 1 workout. Warmup walk 5 min. Run/jog 60 seconds. Walk 90 seconds.do this for 20 min. Then 5 min cool down walk.
As the weeks pass you do longer runs and longer walks.
It gets you 5K ready by doing 30 min a day, three times a week, for 8 weeks. It gets you to run a 5K. Not just walk it.

Well today I did my 5 min warm up and then was only able to do about 9 min of the 60 second running and 90 second walking. So I did 14 min in total. But I still did a mile!

I know I will get this done eventually. But the best part of this is I started! I won't be running on the 5K on Saturday. But eventually I will be running a 5K. It will just be a long ways off.

The best part of this is I have so much encouragement!

I have so many friends at Weight Watchers, friends on FaceBook, friends in the congregation, and family near and far that are so encouraging. Even just someone commenting on or liking my status on FB is encouraging. When someone says "you look amazing!" That is such an encouragement. Being invited to hikes or to go do something active, is an encouragement. Even seeing any loss at the meeting, wether it be 3 pounds or 0.3 pounds, its encouraging. Because that is gone!

I will continue to work at this. And like other things I thought would be almost impossible, I will succeed!

No comments: